US Diary 14: Fashion District with Trees
Trees and I, we:
- met outside the Penn Station in a Monday morning;
- went to Paris Baguette in Korea Way;
- walked the blocks of Fashion / Garment District, after a long detour;
- were not too impressed by the prices in the fabric stores;
- avoided the Subway;
- walked the blocks to the Museum of Modern Art, after a long detour;
- saw (non-)performing guinea pigs - that remained completely still! - and cats and a dog;
- had tea at Bryant Park;
- walked through crazy town back to Penn Station again!
Thanks, Teresa, for the fun day in my 14th week in the US. I'm happy to have been a small part of your big American holiday.
P.S. I went home with a 5-yard cotton fabric for $10, and 2 2-yard acetate-polyester fabrics to serve as lining practice. That was a surprisingly small haul.