Green Linen Dress - First make for 2013
If you believe in Creator's Block, I was faced with one. When I sat down to look through the sewing patterns, nothing appealed to me. It was either 'too difficult', 'I don't know how to line', or simply 'not today'. So, in order to get started on making a dent in my fabric stash, I fell back to this easy dress. (It was my first dress pattern!)
It is a tent dress, made out from a thrifted piece of linen -- all 1+ metre of it, including pockets on both sides. I also took the liberty of adding some black accents to match an obi belt from another dress. With this new project, I also test-drove the Brother serger / overlocking machine. It does the job, but it sure isn't a Bernina. I still like it though!
This comfortable dress got worn today, but it looks much better on the hanger.